Please note this blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://eversolovely.com
and update your bookmarks. You will also need to update your RSS and subscriptions since the address has changed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, April 5, 2010

sp-EGG-tacular :: lisa tilse


I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend with your loved ones. Too much chocolate, egg hunts and little girls running around in their new Easter dresses were out in full force this Sunday. Since some of you are taking this Monday to stretch out their weekend, I thought I'd share with you some of Sydney, Australian artist Lisa Tilse one of a kind egg designs. Her black eggs are so different from your everyday colorful Easter eggs and the handwritten notes are so perfect for any occasion.

i love you eggs :: link

hello eggs :: link

I had the chance to interview her about her art and designs and this is what she had to say.
 
When and how did you first become interested in art and graphic design?
I've always been interested in art... I've been drawing and making things as long as I can remember. My Mum took me to art galleries and instilled a love of design and art in me since I was a child. I always knew that I wanted to be an artist 'when I grew up', and when i discovered what a graphic designer was I knew that was the career for me.

bunny eggs :: link

How long have you been designing an artist?
I studied Visual Communication (design) at university and went straight into a career in graphic design when I graduated. Since then I have done corporate design, art directed magazines and finally I became a freelance designer. When I became a mother just over 5 years ago I became more of an artist, creating art for children's spaces. I still do some graphic design work, but moat of my energy is spent creating my own products... and being a mother!

 
sweetie petites doll kits :: link

What is your favorite piece in your collection of designs?
I really love my Sweetie Petites doll kits. I loved illustrating and creating the characters and have been enjoying designing the fabrics and packaging.

sweetie petites doll kits :: link

What is your favorite time of day to create?
Being a work at home mum, I love to create any time that I can. I don't have a favourite time of day to create, although a lot tends to happen at night.

timber cards :: link

What would a typical day for you consist of?
My daughter is an early riser, so we're up before 6.30. I quickly check emails and then get breakfast, hang out with Roxy and organise her for school. I pick her up again at 3pm... those things are the only 'typical' parts of my day. What happens in between depends on what is top of my list: filling orders, working on new ideas, admin, returning emails, graphic design work, etc. I often get distracted reading blogs though! Sometimes I don't get out of my pyjamas until it's time to collect Roxy from School (my husband takes her in the mornings)... I just sit at my computer and the day gets away on me. After dinner I usually work some more. And I generally blog at night too. I hardly watch any TV, but don't usually make it to bed until midnight.
What is your biggest accomplishment?
That's a tough one! I'm proud of a lot of things I've done, including working for myself. My Sweetie Petites are currently stocked in a few different countries, so that's a biggie for me. I'm hoping the biggest accomplishment is yet to come!

sushibird tile (detail) :: link


What can you not go without?
I absolutely cannot go without creating, and also beautiful things... nature, colour, design and art, sunlight, and Roxy!

commissioned portraits :: link
 
What are some of your upcoming projects?
 New sewing kits, new designs for fabric, and on a personal level I really want to learn how to create encaustic artworks.

some of Lisa's lovely bird tiles :: link

What / Who inspires you?
The worldwide creative community that I've come into contact with through my blog and the blogosphere in general. 


Do you have a favorite color or material?
Aqua is my favourite colour, and white too. I don't really have a favourite material as I dabble in so many different things.


 some of Lisa's vintage storybook tiles :: link
What else do you do?
I still work as a graphic designer, and I love to do commissioned work too - art, illustration, and pattern design.


Favorite type of cake/cupcake?
Moist, dense carrot cake with cream cheese icing.
 

commissioned portraits :: link

Coffee or tea?
Tea, but only green tea or herbal teas.


To see more of her works, please visit her website here and her blog here.

1 comments:

Jeanea Williams said...

love her style! very unique!

Post a Comment

follow this blog

Follow Ever So Lovely

lovely fans

Ever So Lovely on Facebook

recent posts

archive

The Lovelies

my shop